Cyber security is a top priority for any business operating in the digital world. DruvStar’s Threat Insights is a great solution for the igaming sector.
In an interview with SBC Americas CEO Manjit Gombra Singh, DruvStar CEO Manjit Gombra Singh talks about the importance of real-time threat detection in the gaming industry. He also discusses how AI can help maintain cyber security standards.
SBC: Can you start by taking us through DruvStar’s Threat Insights. What is your elevator pitch?
MGS DruvStar ThreatInsights ™ is a AI based advanced solution that provides Managed Detection and Response SaaS for real-time incident response and threat detection in gaming, hospitality and healthcare organizations.
Threat Insights is a solution that helps companies quickly identify cyber threats and respond effectively. Our security experts use external threat intelligence to monitor networks, endpoints and users in both on-premises and cloud environments. They also continuously monitor the environment for malicious activity.
SBC – How does Threat Insights use AI to add an additional layer to the threat hunting?
MGS DruvStar Threat Intelligence(tm) analyzes vast amounts of data, including network traffic, logs and endpoints. It can plug in for more than 500 types of data sources to model the behavior of users and entities. DruvStar Threat Insights ™ is a threat intelligence tool that uses data collected from industry sources to identify patterns and anomalies.
This allows for real-time detection of threats to help prevent problems and mitigate security risks. Our clients can lower the most important risk in their industry: cyber-risk.
SBC: DruvStar has recently agreed to provide Threat Insights for Nisqually Red Wind Casino, Washington. How did this partnership begin?
MGS Nisqually Red Wind Casino offers gaming, dining, and entertainment in the greater Olympia region. The casino boasts a 46,000-square-foot gaming floor with more than 1,670 slots, Keno and a variety of table games.
Red Wind Casino has done an excellent job managing its property. However, the senior management, after realizing that there are risks associated with Infrastructure, is now modernizing it. This includes strengthening their cyber-defense. Red Wind Casino increased their cyber-risk with the introduction of Sports Wagering. They needed to increase their investment in order to protect Red Wind Casino from attacks.
Red Wind Casino selected DruvStar to be their cybersecurity provider, knowing they needed a partner who had deep gaming experience and was familiar with the industry, including their systems, games, and network knowledge. They wanted to achieve:
- Perform a comprehensive assessment of the current infrastructure, identifying and prioritizing security vulnerabilities, as well as remediating them.
- Implement a Managed Detection & Response Solution 24×7 to achieve the next level of security through proactive actions.
When we evaluated our MDR, we knew that we needed a gaming-experienced partner, and DruvStar’s Threat Insights service was the perfect fit. Roy Reich, Nisqually Red Wind Casino’s Chief Information Officer said, “I have had nothing but an amazing experience working with such a great team.”
SBC: What security challenges and threats do companies like Nisqually Red Wind Casino face every day?
MGSCompanies like Nisqually Red Wind Casino are constantly faced with a variety of security threats. They can include phishing, ransomware and malware attacks, as well as insider threats and social engineering. These factors can increase the cyber-risk for such businesses:
- Rapidly changing Threat Landscape The cyber threat landscape is always evolving. New threats, vulnerabilities and attack methods are constantly emerging. Red Wind’s expansion of their network and the addition of Sports Wagering made it difficult to keep up with an ever-changing threat environment.
- Insufficient in-house expertise can be a challenge for some customers. Finding and retaining qualified professionals in the cybersecurity field continues to be a problem, especially for organizations that operate in areas with a shortage.
- Limited budget: To elevate the importance of cybersecurity investments, executive management must take the lead. Budget allocations are limited for cybersecurity and security solutions, which limits the ability of casinos to protect themselves.
- Compliance : The gaming industry is heavily regulated and casinos are required to comply with many regulations in order to maintain the integrity and security of their operations. Nevada Regulation 5 is an example of such a requirement. It was passed in January 2023. This regulation mandates that gaming operators in Nevada implement certain cybersecurity measures. They must also comply with state laws and perform risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of cyberattacks. They must also continuously monitor their cyber-risks and report any significant attacks within 72 hours to the Nevada Gaming Control Board. Companies are required to keep a written record of their compliance for a minimum of five years. These regulations are designed to make sure that companies protect their customers’ sensitive data against cyber threats.
DruvStar Threat Insights ™ provides an array of advanced security features to address these challenges. These include continuous monitoring, threat detection, planning incident responses, threat intelligence and proactive threat hunting.
These capabilities ensure that casinos such as Nisqually Red Wind are compliant with their respective regulations while also protecting them from a variety of cyber-threats.
SBC – How do you stay on top of potential breaches?
DruvStar unique engines are used in order to stay on top of potential breaches.
DruvStar threat insights(tm), based on machine-learning, learns continuously about user and system behaviour. Artificial Intelligence is used to quickly detect issues of concern.
2) Industry-specific Threat Intelligence identifies the latest attacks and tactics used by bad actors against organizations, which informs our threat analyses
Certified Security Operations Center monitors security incidents and threats 24/7. We are the only gaming-specific company to provide advanced threat hunting.
Our cloud-based security platform and certified security operations centre in Las Vegas scale across multiple clients. This allows us to deepen our expertise while lowering the costs of cyber-defense.
Our clients were able to resolve over 14,000 issues in 2022 through our proactive threat hunting and security assessments. This helped them to avoid security incidents and to respond to security attacks.
SBC: What is DruvStar going to be like in 2023?
MGS We founded DruvStar in order to: Protect our clients against dangerous cyber-attacks. With the addition of software algorithms, we continue to improve our cybersecurity offerings and innovate. This will allow us to better identify issues in the gaming and hotel industry. We will continue to use AI to develop affordable, effective cyber-defense solutions.
In the first half of this year, DruvStar launched DataVision. This technology allows us to detect anomalous behaviors and ensure data security. DataVision is being expanded every quarter.
Our cyber-defense services and data security services will continue to expand to new markets across North America, helping more organizations to improve their cybersecurity posture.
We aim to be the trusted provider of cyber-security. We continue to prove our superior capabilities within the gaming and hospitality industries with 100 years of gaming experience, as well as proof points from several reputed North American clients. We are striving to be the best in cyber-defense for the gaming industry with advanced B2B technologies.